Over 4,000 copies sold of this best selling book which reached number FOUR in Amazon's Non-Fiction chart. Buy the paperback direct from us and get a big discount on the Amazon price!
Ever fancied making money from your craft talents? Know someone who does? Whether or not you intend to sell candles, this book will help you both make your decision about starting up, and it'll then take you step by step through creating your own successful craft business.
Your Craft Business: A Step-by-Step Guide will help turn your dreams of starting your own craft business into reality - whether you want to sell candles or any other craft. Written exclusively for the UK market by Kevin Partner - published author and co-founder of craft retailer MakingYourOwnCandles.co.uk - this 205 page book provides, advice and a series of milestones to get your craft business off the ground. It also includes extensive case studies from other successful craft businesses.
The book covers:
- What you need to know about how business works
- How to come up with, and test, your product range
- 3 methods for working out the right price and why you should never compete to be the cheapest
- Plain English guidance on dealing with HMRC and other government bodies - including direct links to the resources and forms you need and advice on companies, tax, regulation, accounting and insurance
- Setting up at home - including specific advice on equipment and software
- Online marketplaces, including eBay and Amazon
- Top tips for success at Craft Fairs
- Your website
- How to promote your business and bring in the customers - online and in the real world
- The seven secrets of success.
Your Craft Business was written to answer the questions that crafters ask. How did we know? Because we asked them - over 100 crafters were involved in the writing of this book. We believe it's the best possible guide to starting your own craft business in the UK - if you want to know what's truly involved, this is the book for you.
This new, second, edition has been completely updated to include the latest information on government regulations, tax and fully updated web links. It also includes special codes you can scan into your smartphone or tablet so you can go straight to the links in the book without having to type them in (full instructions in the book)