THIS IS THE EBOOK VERSION - FOR THE PAPERBACK CLICK HERE.
Turn your dreams of starting your own candle business into reality
Aimed at the UK market by the co-founder of craft retailer MakingYourOwnCandles.co.uk - this book provides practical, detailed advice and a series of milestones to get your candle business off the ground. (Did you know that Kev is also a published author?)
This is a new edition of a book ("Your Craft Business") that has sold thousands of copies - this time we're focusing entirely on the candle business, so if you intend to make money selling candles, this covers just about everything you need to know (except how to make candles - we have an online course that covers this.)
The book covers:
- What you need to know about how business works
- How to come up with, and test, your product range
- 3 methods for working out the right price and why you should never compete to be the cheapest
- Plain English guidance on dealing with HMRC and other government bodies - including direct links to the resources and forms you need and advice on companies, tax, regulation, accounting and insurance
- Setting up at home - including specific advice on equipment and software
- Online marketplaces, including eBay and Amazon
- Top tips for success at Craft Fairs
- Your website
- How to promote your business and bring in the customers - online and in the real world
- The seven secrets of success.
"Creating a successful craft business is not rocket science but, to do it successfully, there are certain things you must know. This book captures the lessons we’ve learned since starting MakingYourOwnCandles, along with the experiences of other British craft businesses- both long established and recently set up. If you’re looking for the nitty-gritty, this is the book for you." Kevin Partner