- How To Make Candles
We now offer Free Shipping on orders of £10 or more to addresses on the UK Mainland Full shipping policy here
How To Make Candles
We've just launched the world's most comprehensive video-based candle making course.
In the course we cover:
- Why candle making is such a fantastic craft to learn
- How candles work
- How to use candles safely at home
- The best way to melt wax safely and quickly
- What equipment you'll need (you've probably already got it!)
- How to choose a candle mould
- What sorts of containers you can use for making candles
- The different kinds of wax you can use - and when to use them
- How to use dye to create coloured candles
- How wicks work and which wick to choose
- The two main types of candle making scent
In the second part of the course, I'll show you how to make nine different candles. I provide complete ingredient lists (I use only standard ingredients you can obtain from most candle suppliers) and you can watch me make the candles live on camera. Every step has been filmed so you can make your candles with me!
- A basic pillar candle - the foundational recipe for all pillar candles
- A tea cup container candle - the basic technique used for all container candles
- A two colour pillar candle
- A pillar candle made using wax chunks
- A pillar candle with a base of coffee beans
- A candle made out of a flower pot
- A candle made in a tin
- A glass container candle
- A glass candle with a transparent base containing coffee beans
I'll also show you a range of decorating techniques for your pillar candles including transfers, stencils and stamps.
Below you'll find the materials used in the course (although you can use any equipment you already own).
Want to start a craft business?
Your Craft Business: Step by Step is a unique online training course that will take you by the hand and show you how to plan, create and run a successful craft business selling products you love to make. And to do it quickly.
Specifically, I will show you how to design and develop products that customers will desperately want to buy, how to do it so you make a good profit and how to find and sell to customers. I will also show you how to deal with the government and regulators, how to market yourself and lots more.